Free Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Build Tools for Windows, this is the installer of the build tools from Microsoft (without IDE). With the development environment, take it here.
Overview of Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Build Tools Benefits
More specifically, unlike the full studio, this installer does not include VS IDE Core components and, accordingly, through BuildTools you will not install a visual development environment. Through this, an attempt is made to reduce the weight of the installer and reduce the size and impact on Windu.
BuildTools does not provide any additional features (i.e., it is of the type “small toolchain” … it would seem to me that this modification should be called so that everything would be clear at once … but apparently the desire to be unique and inimitable prevents them from quietly using available terms).
Overview of Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Build Tools Features
- Administrator rights are required to install Visual Studio.
- .NET Framework 4.5 is required to install Visual Studio. Visual Studio requires .NET Framework 4.7.2, which will be installed during setup.
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC edition and Windows 10 S are not supported for development. You may use Visual Studio 2019 to build apps that run on Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 10 S.
- Internet Explorer 11 or Edge is required for internet-related scenarios. Some features might not work unless these, or a later version, are installed.
- For Hyper-V emulator support, A supported 64-bit operating system is required. A processor that supports Client Hyper-V and Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) is also required.
- For Android Emulator support, a supported processor and operating system is required.
- Universal Windows app development, including designing, editing, and debugging, requires Windows 10. Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2012 R2 may be used to build Universal Windows apps from the command line.
- The Server Core and Minimal Server Interface options are not supported when running Windows Server.
- Running Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise in Windows containers is not supported.
- Team Foundation Server 2019 Office Integration requires Office 2016, Office 2013, or Office 2010.
- Xamarin.Android requires a 64-bit edition of Windows and the 64-bit Java Development Kit (JDK).
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Disconnect from the Internet … so that the installer does not download the list of installed components for the most recent version … the one that may not yet exist in the distribution. If this happens, the installer may not have enough of what is in the distribution and errors with downloading may appear.
- If the installer does not have access to the Internet, then install certificates for the installer self-diagnosis by running Certificates_Setup.cmd ON THE NAME OF THE ADMINISTRATOR
- Then run Setup_BuildTools .cmd, where X specifies the version number you want to install (i.e. 16.0.X)