Free Download USB Drive Letter Manager (USBDLM) latest version standalone offline installer for Windows. It allows you to easily assign a custom drive letter to the USB devices.
Overview of USB Drive Letter Manager (USBDLM)
This tool allows you to assign a custom drive letter to the USB devices connected to your computer. It runs as a Windows service, meaning the logged-on user does not require administrative rights to modify the drive letters.
Your system default allocates a newly connected removable device to the first available drive. It can also change letter assignments manually via the Control Panel, but this application helps you save time and gives you fewer headaches.
The running service can identify the connected drives and instantly verify whether network drives use the letter assigned to the device for the currently logged-in user.
Features of USB Drive Letter Manager (USBDLM)
- Check if the letter is used by a network share of the currently logged-on user and assign the following letter that is available
- Reserve letters, so they are not used for local drives
- Assign a letter from a list of new default letters, also dependent on many different criteria such as the active user, drive type, connection (USB, FireWire), USB port, volume label, size, and others
- Assign letters for a specific USB drive by putting an INI file on the drive
- Remove the drive letters of card readers until a card is inserted
- Show a balloon tip with the assigned drive letter(s)
- Define autorun events depending on many different criteria
- For many other things, see the help file, available online as an HTML version too
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- RAM (Memory): 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more