Free Download TurboVNC's latest version is a standalone offline installer for Windows; it is a high-speed, 3D-friendly remote desktop software.
Overview of TurboVNC
This high-performance, enterprise-quality version of VNC based on TightVNC, TigerVNC, and X.org allows efficient VNC server connections.
It contains a variant of Tight encoding tuned for maximum performance and compression with 3D applications (VirtualGL), video, and other image-intensive workloads.
In combination with VirtualGL, it provides a complete solution for remotely displaying 3D applications with interactive performance. TigerVNC and libvncserver have adopted their high-speed encoding methods, and TurboVNC is compatible with any other TightVNC derivative.
Features of TurboVNC
- Fine-grained control over the JPEG image quality and level of chrominance subsampling
- Double buffering on the client side to reduce tearing artifacts in 3D and video applications
- Flexible and configurable full-screen/multi-screen support
- Full support for IPv6
- Advanced flow control and continuous updates (dramatically improves performance on high-latency connections)
- Authentication with one-time passwords or Unix login credentials (in addition to standard VNC passwords)
- Access control lists (for sharing VNC sessions with only certain users)
- Allows security/authentication policies to be set globally for a particular server machine
- Multithreaded encoding
- Lossless refresh allows a viewer to request a lossless copy of the current screen image, either manually or automatically (after a specified number of seconds of inactivity)
- High-performance zero-install Java viewer, deployable using Java Web Start that calls libjpeg-turbo through JNI to achieve native levels of performance
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- RAM (Memory): 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more