Free Download Total Commander 10 for Windows PC (former Wincmd) is a file manager for Windows similar to the Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side like a well-known file manager for DOS.
As alternative program you can also FREE download Actual File Folders
Total Commander 10 Overview
When it comes to managing files in Windows, most people stick to the built in option and work with Explorer. While it is a reasonably capable tool, it is not always suitable for the more demanding user and this is where Total Commander can help.
The program is an Explorer replacement tool which features a dual window view designed to make it easier to copy and move files from one folder to another. But the capabilities of Total Commander extend far beyond this - there is a powerful search facility that can be used to home in on files and a folder comparison and synchronisation tool which ideal for backups and web designers.
A Quick View panel is available for the viewing of a wide range of image formats, and integrated support for compressed files such as ZIP, ARJ, RAR and CAB means that you are able to view the contents of archives without the need to extract them first. There is also an integrated FTP server which means that working with local files is virtually identical to working with those stored on a remote server.
Features of Total Commander 10
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, 7ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more