Free Download Total Commander for Windows PC (former Wincmd) is a file manager for Windows similar to Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side, like a well-known file manager for DOS.
As an alternative program, you can also FREE download Actual File Folders.
Total Commander Overview
When managing files in Windows, most people stick to the built-in option and work with Explorer. While it is a reasonably capable tool, it is not always suitable for the more demanding user, and this is where Total Commander can help.
The program is an Explorer replacement tool that features a dual window view designed to make it easier to copy and move files from one folder to another. But the capabilities of Total Commander extend far beyond this. Can use a powerful search facility to hone in on files and folder comparison and synchronization tools, ideal for backups and web designers.
A Quick View panel is available to view a wide range of image formats, and integrated support for compressed files such as ZIP, ARJ, RAR, and CAB means that you can view the contents of archives without the need to extract them first. There is also an integrated FTP server, which means working with local files is virtually identical to working with those stored on a remote server.
Features of Total Commander
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, 7ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog, etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- RAM (Memory): 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more