Free Download PuTTY for Windows PC is an SSH and telnet client developed for the Windows platform. A puTTY is open-source software available with source code and is developed and supported by a group of volunteers.
PuTTY is the popular telnet and SSH client packaged so you can connect to your systems on the go. You can place PuTTY Portable on your portable hard drive, iPod, USB flash drive, or a CD without leaving any personal information behind.
This SSH client is a lightweight telnet and SSH client for Windows and an xterm terminal emulator. It allows you to connect to your systems while on the go securely.
Features of PuTTY
- Graphical SFTP file transfer
- Single-click Remote Desktop tunneling
- Auto-reconnecting capability
- Dynamic port forwarding through an integrated proxy
- An FTP-to-SFTP protocol bridge
- Save the list and connection settings for reuse
- Work with keys and versions of the SSH protocol
- SCP and SFTP clients (respectively pscp and psftp)
- The ability to redirect ports through SSH, including the transfer of X11
- Full emulation of terminals xterm, VT-102, ECMA-48
- Support for IPv6
- Support for 3DES, AES, Arcfour, Blowfish, DES
- Support for public-key authentication, including without entering a password
- Support for work through the serial port (starting with version 0.59)
- Ability to work through a proxy server
- Supported OS: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- RAM (Memory): 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more