Free Download Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 9th Edition for Windows PC With over 38 million copies sold, Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary is the world’s bestselling dictionary, and the dictionary teachers and students love to use.
You can also FREE download Plagiarism Checker X Professional
Overview of Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary Benefits
Oxford Speaking Tutor (new 10-page section) helps students develop the skills they need for speaking tasks in international exams, and to develop strategies for handling general conversation. The exam speaking tasks are included in the iSpeaker (Extended Speaking section) with the option for students to record and assess themselves.
Oxford iSpeaker (on DVD and online) helps students with Pronunciation, Everyday Speaking, and Extended Speaking. Students watch videos of British and American sounds being pronounced, conversations and exam-style tasks. They improve their pronunciation with interactive activities. They can record themselves taking part in dialogues and doing exam tasks, and review their progress.
Over 700 new words and meanings that are now part of the language covering technology, lifestyle, etc. for example: bestie, contactless, defriend, live-stream, man up, shale gas, spendy, web hosting. It also includes a selection of new words from other varieties of English, for example Indian English, East African English and South African English.
40 new Express Yourself notes help learners find the right thing to say in everyday situations. These are practised in the dialogues in the iSpeaker (Everyday Speaking section).
Overview of Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary Features
- Find any word either search or double click words in entries to look them up
- Improve pronunciation: with British and American pronunciation of all words
- Understand meanings: entries are written using only the Oxford 3000™ key words
- Learn synonyms, collocations (words which go together) and everyday expressions.
- Use colour illustrations to enrich your vocabulary.
- Study phrasal verbs and idioms.
- Browse the topic dictionaries and wordlists for groups of related vocabulary.
- Improve your pronunciation and speaking skills with the iSpeaker.
- Improve your writing in English with the iWriter.
- Create your own lists of words to learn, and test yourself on them, with My Wordlists.
- Watch videos, find lesson plans, download PDF worksheets in our Resources section, for use in class or for self study.
Technical Details and System Requirements for Dictionary
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 5 GB or more