Free Download Kindle for PC Latest version Standalone offline installer for Windows PC. It is a free application that lets you read Kindle books on your Windows-based personal computer--no Kindle required. This allows you to check out Kindle formatted eBooks from the Library's OverDrive collection to read on your computer even if you do not own an Amazon Kindle device.
As a related program, you can also FREE download Adobe Digital Editions.
Amazon Kindle for PC Overview
Amazon Kindle Reader is a perfect tool for Kindle books; if you don't have a Kindle reader, you can read Kindle books from Amazon on the Windows system without an actual Kindle device so that you can enjoy reading without having to spend hundreds of dollars on yet another device.
You may wonder whether you can read Kindle books on PC for various reasons. Absolutely yes! Amazon released the Kindle for PC application in late 2009, which allows eBooks from Amazon's store or personal eBooks to be read on a personal computer, with no Kindle device required.
Kindle app is convenient for users to read Kindle books from device to device. After downloading the desktop app, find the program—double-click on the program icon to open it from your desktop. You might also be prompted to open the app directly after installing it.
Features of Kindle for PC
- Support up to 24 input formats, such as EPUB, PRC, HTMLZ, etc;
- Remove DRM from Kindle, Adobe, Kobo & Nook eBooks;
- Convert eBooks to MOBI, EPUB, AZW, PDF or TXT format;
- Support the latest version of Windows 10.
- Supported OS: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- RAM (Memory): 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more