Free Download CloneZilla Live for Windows PC is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program. Designed as an alternative to expensive disk cloning apps, Clonezilla can create backups or individual partitions for the entire hard drive.
Further, as an alternative program, FREE download GoodSync Enterprise.
CloneZilla Live Overview
It is a small bootable GNU/Linux distribution, it has been developed since 2004, and it is used to deploy many computers simultaneously. It is a handy tool; however, it does have several limitations. To use it, you must first prepare a DRBL server, AND the machine to be deployed must boot from a network.
Create partition and disk images for backup purposes and restore them whenever necessary, all thanks to this powerful open-source application Clonezilla Live. There's nothing worse than losing all the data stored on the computer because of a hard disk failure or a severe system crash. Fortunately, advanced backup and recovery systems can help you prevent such situations from happening. Clonezilla is one of them.
Booting from the Clonezilla media opens a menu to choose the running mode for Clonezilla Live and run memory tests. The console data configuration options are displayed as you proceed, allowing you to select the keymap policy.
To install this program, the basic steps are to download pre-build Clonezilla Live and then put it in a boot media (CD, USB flash drive, or USB hard drive). Two types of files are available, iso and zip. The former is for CDs; the latter is for USB flash drives. Besides, you can put Clonezilla live on a hard drive or PXE server.
Features of CloneZilla Live
- Many File systems are supported.
- LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is supported.
- Boot loader, including grub and syslinux, could be reinstalled.
- Both MBR and GPT partition formats of the hard drive are supported.
- Clonezilla lives also can be booted on a BIOS or uEFI machine.
- Unattended mode is supported.
- You can do almost all steps via commands and options.
- You can also use a lot of boot parameters to customize your imaging and cloning.
- One image restoring to multiple local devices is supported.
- You could use AES-256 encryption to secure data access, storage, and transfer.
System Requirements and Technical Details
- X86 or x86-64 processor
- 196 MB of system memory (RAM)
- Boot devise, e.g. CD/DVD Drive, USB port, PXE, or hard drive