Free Download Adobe DNG Converter 13 full version offline installer for Windows PC it enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files from the supported cameras listed below to a more universal DNG raw file.
Overview of Adobe DNG Converter 13 Benefits
Digital Negative (DNG) is a publicly available archival format for raw files which are generated by various digital cameras. This addresses the lack of an open standard for raw files created by individual camera models and ensures that photographers easily access their files.
Hundreds of software manufacturers such as Apple and Google have developed support for DNG. And respected camera manufacturers such as Leica, Casio, Ricoh, Samsung, and Pentax have introduced cameras that provide direct DNG support.
In addition to the Digital Negative Specification, Adobe provides the free Adobe DNG Converter (Windows | Mac OS), which easily translates raw files from many of today’s popular cameras. Software developers and manufacturers can download the complete DNG Specification (PDF, 486k). DNG is supported by the following software versions: Photoshop CS to Photoshop CC, Photoshop Elements 3 to Photoshop Elements 12, and all versions of Lightroom.
Camera Raw (2.3 or later) supports raw files in the Digital Negative (DNG), a raw file format made available to the public by Adobe.
Overview of Adobe DNG Converter 13 Features
DNG format helps promote archival confidence, since digital imaging software solutions will be able to open raw files more easily in the future.
A single raw processing solution enables a more efficient workflow when handling raw files from multiple camera models and manufacturers.
A publicly documented and readily available specification can be easily adopted by camera manufacturers and updated to accommodate technology changes.
For hardware and software manufacturers:
- DNG removes a potential barrier to new camera adoption, since raw files from new models will be immediately supported by Photoshop and other applications.
- The DNG format allows R&D savings by reducing the need to develop new formats and by simplifying camera testing.
- A common format allows greater control over the quality of conversions by third-party applications.
- The specification allows the addition of private metadata to DNG files, enabling differentiation.
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Applies to: Photoshop Photoshop Lightroom