Free download Mastering Windows PowerShell Scripting, 3rd Edition by Chris Dent. Published by Packtpub. Automate and manage your environment using PowerShell Core 6.0. Grasp advanced PowerShell Core 6.0 functionalities to automate your environment. English | 626 Pages | True EPUB | ISBN: 1789536669
PowerShell scripts offer a handy way to automate various chores, however working effectively with these scripts can be a difficult task.
This comprehensive guide starts with the fundamentals before moving on to advanced-level topics to help you become a PowerShell Core 6.0 expert.
The first module, PowerShell Core 6.0 Fundamentals, begins with the new features of PowerShell Core 6.0, installing it on Linux, and working with parameters, objects and NET classes from within PowerShell Core 6.0.
As you make your way through the chapters, you'll see how to efficiently manage large amounts of data and interact with other services using PowerShell Core 6.0.
You'll be able to make the most of PowerShell Core 6.0's powerful automation feature, where you will have different methods available to parse data and manipulate regular expressions and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
After having explored automation, you will enter the extending PowerShell Core 6.0 module, covering asynchronous processing and desired state configuration.
In the last module, you will learn to extend PowerShell Core 6.0 using advanced scripts and filters, and also debug issues along with working on error handling techniques.
By the end of this book, you will be an expert in scripting with PowerShell Core 6.0.
What you will learn
- Optimize code through the use of functions, switches, and looping structures
- Work with objects and operators to test and manipulate data
- Parse and manipulate different data types
- Create scripts and functions using PowerShell
- Use jobs, events, and popular public modules which assist with implementing multithreading
- Write .NET classes with ease within the PowerShell
- Create and implement regular expressions in PowerShell scripts
- Make use of advanced techniques to define and restrict the behavior of parameters